Our traditional family funeral directors & homes care for families in the following geographical and surrounding areas:
Portsmouth, Cosham, Drayton, Purbrook, Crookhorn, Waterlooville, Denmead, Hambledon, Cowplain, Lovedean, Horndean, Catherington, Clanfield, Rowlands Castle, Havant, Leigh Park, Hayling Island, Emsworth, Southbourne, Bosham, Fishbourne and Chichester.
Moore’s, we all believe that each and every funeral service should be a totally personal and unique occasion, one that is arranged to the exact requirements and wishes of the family. We believe that the families we support are treated as we would treat our own families, with care, support, dignity and respect.
We are able to assist with the arranging of burials local and far away.. Our florist will take care of all your floral requirements, whilst our stonemason will take care of your memorial requirements. We can arrange for the repatriation of your loved one to their home country should they pass away here in the United Kingdom.
Our help and support may begin when someone is expected to pass away, perhaps following a long illness. Many families wish to discuss the proposed funeral arrangements prior to their loved one passing away. This can often give peace of mind and quiet calm in knowing what they should do when the time happens.
Making the arrangements for a Funeral Service is one of the most personal matters that we must accept responsibility for. Many decisions will need to be made over the arrangements for the service. We will support and guide you through these many decisions by offering advice and guidance.
We will liaise with Crematoriums, Cemeteries and Clergy/Celebrant on your behalf in order to ensure that all relevant legal paperwork has been completed in order to allow the service to be carried out.
Although the majority of funerals we conduct take place within the Hampshire area, we are highly experienced in arranging funerals to other parts of the country, and indeed the repatriation of the deceased to and from abroad. We can conduct funerals for all religions and beliefs and are highly experienced in treating your loved ones as we would our own families.
At Moore’s we believe that the wishes of a family are of the utmost importance, and we will strive to carry out each and every request, regardless of its complexity.
1. The main decision when arranging a funeral is whether the service is to be a burial or cremation. Often, this will be discussed on a previous occasion. It may follow that other members of the family have been either cremated or buried, and the same is to be arranged again.
2. Religious beliefs are also taken into consideration and honoured.
3. We are able to arrange cremation services, with support and advice on the choice of the crematorium that the service is to take place in. When cremation is chosen, it is important to consider the decision over the final resting place of the ashes.
4. We are also able to arrange burial services. We will discuss the choices available with you and can offer a burial in a local Cemetery, Churchyard or Woodland area. Not all burials may be permitted in a churchyard or cemetery due to limited space.
5. Transport to and from the place of service will need to be considered. We can provide limousines to take care of you from home, onto the place of service and then return after the funeral. We are also able to offer the traditional dignity of a horse drawn hearse. There is very little that can match the splendour of a horse drawn funeral service.
6. We offer a range of coffins from veneered to solid wood, bespoke picture coffins, bamboo, wicker, willow and seagrass.
7. The ultimate in coffin personalisation are the picture coffins. The entire coffin is covered by an extremely high quality stencil. Many, many standard designs are available, or alternatively we can use your very own digital photo and have this attached to the coffin.
8. We have our own private Chapel of Rest where you may spend time with your loved one. We always prefer to dress the deceased in their own clothing. This may be anything from a wedding dress, through to old gardening clothes to a Portsmouth football kit.
9. Funeral services are free for under 16s.
When we arrange a funeral, there are many matters that will need to be considered:
• The registration of the death,
• The decision as to whether the funeral will be a cremation or burial,
• The day and time of the funeral service,
• Whether limousines will be required,
• The choice of a coffin,
• The wording of the newspaper notice,
• The choice of floral tributes,
• Whether the family wish to spend time in our private chapel,
• The charges involved with the funeral service.